From:
California Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 17:24:15 EST
It seems AT THIS TIME that despite mother nature's good efforts (I won't say
best because she certainly backed off on us) there is no immediate need to
declare a Disaster Response.  We remain at Disaster Alert Status.

That is not to say there is not flooding and devastation throughout the
state.  But because people in CA seem to finally be learning, most of the
animals, livestock, and wildlife are doing find and our assistance is not
needed at this time.

Now that could change in the next hour, but as it stands right now, CA is
not going to become and Ocean unto itself in the near future.

I want to thank everyone for their response and efforts and please, as I
said, this could change at any time so being prepared is our best defense.

Marie Davis