From:
Penny Lepage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 16:43:18 -0400
Well, we finally made it to Iowa in a little place called Mount Ayr.  We
are six miles from town so not much ferret education going on here!!

My sister and her husband do have mice in the barn and wanted me to turn
the ferrets loose for awhile but, I DON'T THINK SO!!

The wind has been blowing and they don't even want to go outside.  What
spoiled brats they are.

While we were traveling across from New England we stopped in Indiana to
have the generator look at, not running up to hubby's liking.  I had
Burglar and Missitoo out walking on the sidewalk when a power company man
came over and asked if he could see them.  Of course being the shy and non
talkive person that I am, I of course said YES.  He asked all sorts of
questions like wanting to turn them lose in the back yard, would they stay
there and come when you called them.  Guess he thought they were related to
the dog!!  We informed him of the pros and cons of being owned by a ferret
and leaving him I am not sure if he still wanted one!

It is getting where I can talk to someone for a time and tell if they
should have a ferret or not.  I tell them if they have access to a computer
they should type in ferret and check out all the sites.  If they ask
questions about sites I know they are really interested.  Some people I
have meant even ask about getting them from shelters.  Those are the ones
I think are more interested in helping out the homeless ferret.  Then I
encourage them to look into getting a ferret for a pet.  Hair seems to be
getting less now, not everywhere just in my food and mouth!!  We have been
playing in the tub with a little more water and rubbing them while in there
so more hair comes off in there.

Dipper tried to make a phone call to Grandma on the cell phone the other
day.  While playing on the dash board he stepped on the talk button and it
dialed the last number called.  We got him before he got connected so luck
has it that he didn't get to tell her anything bad.  You know how grandkids
always tell how bad they are treated.

One thing my hubby and I have noticed of late is that the ferrets while out
playing are clucking more then they did when we were in the house.  We were
afraid they wouldn't be happy with a smaller play area but we figure it is
maybe they like being closer to us.  Just laying your hand on the cage at
night after they have already been out to play and we are watching tv.
They will reach up and give kisses.

They lay at your feet more and rub against your legs and feet.  They like
to be held more and for a little longer.  Snowball, doesn't usually like
me to hold him at all but now comes up my pant leg for me to hold him.

MY I LOVE MY FERRETS
We will be here for a couple weeks before heading on west
Love and fuzzy Kisses to all and Prayers for all the sick ones.

Penny
Burglar, Missitoo
Flower, Blossom
Snowball, Nala