Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 22:39:27 EDT
I do not know about you--but some of the reasons that I go to the GCFA
Greatest Ferret Show on Earth is to support my local shelter, see ferret
stuff for sale and possible purchase, to take my ferrets on a special
outing just for them, AND to see ferrets and ferret people.

I just love seeing ferrets whenever I can.  So I was thinking that a good
way to make money would be to have a game called "Fishing For Ferrets"

You bring the ferret fences that one sees at these shows, and maybe 12 of
your own ferrets.  (There are a number of shelter volunteers with at least
that many ferrets)Maybe Three at a time go in the fenced area so the others
can rest.  And people can sit on a chair, or stand and "fish" for a ferret.
Fishing poles can be anything ones fuzzy will grab for--

Mine love to leap on and grab a dangling bra with their teeth.  They do
this with little stuffed animals on a string that have a bell, and this
duster on a stick that I have.

Charge a dollar to play.(?) If the ferret is "caught"---takes the bait--
the person wins a small prize.  For bigger prizes-play for more money.

Items can be sold in the ajoining area.  People will come to see what is
going on, and will be inspired to buy as long as they are at the table--
especially if you sell some of the "fishing poles" They will see ferrets
going goofy over them, and want one for their own ferret.

"Fishing for ferrets" is a daily game for us.  My guys just love it.
Mini-Me hisses and leaps on her "pole" and dangles in the air with the
item in her sharp little teeth and powerful little jaws.

No one but the owner would actually touch his or her ferrets.  No strange
ferrets would be allowed in the pen area.  Owner of his or her babies would
be right there supervising.  Any debate about winning from a rude person?
Don't need to worry about that.  Prize will cost shelter less than price to
pay..  So I think one would be very safe from a health issue.  And everyone
would leave happy.

I would love to see a game like that .  Just LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!  No one is
hurt.  The ferret has fun, as do people, money is made from the game, and
from selling a variety of "fishing poles"

Lisette