From:
Paul Jamison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 08:21:37 -0700
Okay, maybe a little late, but we need to say something, too - Murphy!
Sammy!  Max!  Front and center!

(Three ferrets - Murphy, a handsome Sable in the red serge uniform of the
RCMP; Sammy, a DEW wearing a yarmulke; and Max, another Sable in a special
wheelchair device - come running up and stand at attention.)

Max: Present and accounted for, sir - oh, my, the Ferret Mailing List!  Do
we have a birthday to celebrate, sir?

Paul: Not this time - something more important.  (Hands Max a copy of FML
Digest #3790.) Here - read this.  (Max read "Last Week at the Shelter";
Murphy and Sammy read it over Max's shoulder.)

Sammy: Oh, dear.  What a week she had!  It's no wonder that she feels so
discouraged.  It takes a strong person not to give up.

Murphy (removes Stetson hat and knuckles his eyes): Those poor babies.
It's good that there's someone like CJ there for them.

Max: What can we do to help, sir?

Paul: There's not much we can do to help, guys.  What we can do, though,
is thank her.

(Murphy, Sammy and Max look at one another.  Then they smile and nod
their heads.)

Paul: I figured you guys would agree.  Bring the Cannon forward!

(Skippy, Skippy, Skippy, Skippy and Skippy - the crack team of Albino
ferret mechanics - push a vintage Civil War cannon into position.)

Paul: Okay, guys, on my mark!  Ready... aim... FIRE!

*BOOOOOOMMM!!*

*WHOOOOOOOSSHHH!!!*

Paul: CJ, why is it that you continue, with all the horror and heartbreak?

(The charge explodes over the FML.  There's not much in the charge this
time - no M&Ms, no balloons, a little confetti - mainly a single banner
slung between two parachutes: BECAUSE YOU'RE A TERRIFIC PERSON, THAT'S
WHY!!)

(Sammy - the spiritual one - steps forward.)

Sammy: CJ, others have already pointed out how much strength and courage -
and love - you have to face the things that hurt and do what needs to be
done.  You're a very special human, and the ferrets need more people like
you.

We will have Bigfoot and Matty in our thoughts and prayers, as well as all
the babies that you care for.  You're a hero to the Cannon Crew, too.

(Paul, Murphy, Sammy, Max and all the Skippys bow their heads in tribute.)

Paul