Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:04:09 -0800
Sandee,

It is with incredible sadness that I ask you to welcome little Snowbird
to the Rainbow Bridge.  It has taken more than a week to even be able to
write this.

Snowbird came in with two other girls.  They were being kept in an
extremely dark basement, caged with nothing more than a dish pan full of
newspaper shreddings for bedding.  I had to bathe them before I could
even determine their color.  The girls washed up to show a beautiful Roan
Mitt named Starla, a silver blaze named Sweet Pea and a dark eyed white
named Snowball.  I decided she deserved a prettier name and named her
Snowbird.  They were terrified and fear biting.  They did not know how
to play.  When I put paper down in the corners, the girls promptly took
it and made a nest out of it in their cat tree.  I replaced it with a
blanket and let them poop the floor, determined that they would never
sleep in newspaper again.  The woman stated their were no known health
issues but they were all pooping green.  The fecal that was run showed
coccidia.  The doc said he had never seen such an infestation of coccidia
EVER in ANY animal.  God only knows how long they had gone untreated.  A
day into their meds, Snowbird started shooting out puddles of blood.  I
have never seen that much blood come out of any animal, much less someone
as small and frail as little Snowbird.  I was able to get it under
control with Willow Bark until we could get her to the vet but it started
again.  Fluids, baby food,...all the support in the world was not going
to keep this little one going.  The cell damage was just too severe.
When I knew her passing was imminent, I set her up on a heated blanket
around her friends.  Somehow, they just knew.  They nuzzled her neck,
gave her a kiss and settled in the blanket around her.  I laid next to
her, reassuring her that she was going to a beautiful place where she
would be free from illness.  In her final hour she did not even want me
near her.  With all the strength she could muster she would put both paws
on my nose and push away.  She wanted to pass alone.  I honored her
request.  She deserved that.  Judith White sent her Reiki.  As I left her
side, I phoned Judith.  She informed me that while sending her Reiki, she
got such a sense of peace from her.  I went to her bed to check on her
and found that she had passed.  I curled her up in a ball on my lap and
held her until the transition to the Bridge was complete.  I hated
leaving her side while she passed, but it was what she wanted.  Snowbird
was only three years old.

Please welcome her to The Bridge and show her a life better than what she