From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 1995 18:53:51 -0800
Very rarely have I written to the FML, though I love reading it and
find the information invaluable.

The post from Mike Chaput infuriated me.  Mr. Chaput feels that the FML
does an excellent job disseminating valuable information about ferrets.
However, Mr. Chaput does not feel the FML should be a forum for people
to express their grief over the loss of their ferrets.  I disagree.

The FML exists because so many ferret lovers feel comfortable in expressing
their thoughts, opinions, and emotions about these wonderful animals.  I
also cry when I read postings about the loss of a ferret, but I don t want
to lose my right to read and express true feelings.

No one is forcing you to read these posts about the deaths of these
ferrets.  If the people writing these find it to be cathartic and it helps
to ease their pain just a little bit, then so be it.  Until the Internet
police say otherwise, they also have the right to post whatever they want.

In summary, I don t believed that the posting should be sanitized so as not
to offend others.  If you wish to keep your wife from becoming upset, I
really believe you should edit the postings daily and provide her with a
disinfected version.  The Internet and the FML exist because of the right
of free speech we enjoy.  Don t tread.

                                            - Anon

P. S. I would love to sign my name, but I live in a FFZ and I fear for
my  three fuzzies.