From:
"M. Taylor" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 22:37:56 -0000
To the person who was interested in having a vegetarian ferret, I recommend
reading the Ferret Natural History FAQ article "What evidence is there that
ferrets are carnivores," by Bob Church.

I would suppose it is safe for humans not to eat meat (it may even be
healthier), but I think animals were made to be specifically something and
that we shouldn't tamper with it.  Anyway, this is a great article, located
in Ferret Central.