Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 19:52:33 -0500
Hi everyone out there in ferret land.  I have been on and off of the ferret
mailing list for the past 5 years or so, as my email access has come and
gone.  I am writing today with a very important problem, and I am turning
to the FML because I know that the people on this list really care about
ferrets and understand how their little minds and hearts work.

I have 2 ferrets, a 5 year old and a 3 year old, both females.  In
December, I gave birth to my first (human) child.  He was born 3 months
early, and has been in the hospital ever since.  There is a chance that he
may come home in the next month, and the neonatologists have told me that
due to his lung problems, they strongly advise not having any pets in the
house.

So, I am searching for someone, anyone, who will love and cherish my little
pets.  They have a large cage, harnesses, toys, even clothes, both in good
health with all their shots...the brown one likes to snuggle and the white
one likes to play.  They are both females.

I am located in northern New Mexico, but would also be willing to split the
cost of shipping them to a more distant location if necessary.  My only
concern is that both the baby and the ferrets have a healthy environment.
Please help me out if you can, or if you know of anyone who would make a
responsible ferret owner.  Until I can find them a home, they are spending
about 99% of their time caged while we clean carpets, etc...and it is
making everyone miserable!

Feel free to respond to me at my personal email address:

Signed,
Eva, desperate ferret owner