From:
Andrea Mercado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:03:06 -0400
hiya,

i'm sorry, i accidentally deleted your email about the duck soup!  i'll
post it here to the list, and hopefully you'll email me again...

1 cup dry ferret food, ground to a powder
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup low-sodium, low-fat chicken broth
1 jar turkey or chicken baby food (stage 2 best)
1 can Hills Prescription Diet a/d formula (kitten)
1 tsp Pet-Tinic vitamin supplement

i recommend adding the heavy cream, baby food, tinic and a/d first,
blending well.  then, add the food power slowly, alternating with the
chicken broth, to thin it out a bit and keep the blender from stalling,
until you have a mushy soup.

the Pet-Tinic is the Ferretvite substitute.  we were giving this to a
ferret with insulinoma, and told that the 'vite and ensure would have too
much sugar.

i was never able to find the tinic in the store, but i got a really good
deal on it here:

http://www.countrysidepet.com/pettinic.html

i went ahead and got the 4-bottle deal, since you never know when you'll
need it, and how long.

hope this helps,
andrea