From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 12:42:17 -0600
I privately responded to a post but agree sometimes the answers do help
all of us so........my response:

Concerning attaching cages via tunnel hose, I did it to mine, in fact I
use rabbit cages, stacked with a hole cut between floors, with duct tape
thickly applied so they wouldn't scrape themselves going through.  I have
two sets across the room from each other.  I used the tunnel hose by
cutting into the lower cage on one side and again duct taped it smooth,
pushed the hose through and secured it with bread wrapper ties by
puncturing through a couple of the tube's wire kinda like a closed
accordian, duct taped around the inside over these ties then again duct
taped the hose on the outside so there isn't that little triangle opening
in the corners (fitting round into square - they'll try it and try it if
they see openings other than the tube).  It then travels across the room
up a little ramp and attaches to the top cage on that side of the room in
the same manner.  Of course, the hose is kinda stiff now, staying in that
position and being completely covered with duct tape from one end to the
other (they would get in there and scratch til they made an opening and
WoLa, free roamed at night, the little self sufficient darlings).  The only
draw back I see, and it is a biggy to me, is when I want to carry the cages
outside to squirt them down for a good cleaning, means I have to take that
tube loose and then reassemble it.  They sure do use it and it doesn't seem
as confining as just one stack of cages.  I can block off either of the two
cages the tube does not go into by placing a square of hard lineolum over
the hole leading from one cage to the other thus the majority can go back
and forth while a cage or two is to isolate.

I am getting interested in the thoughts of taking the tube up to the
ceilings but not sure I want to go that route with my lower than normal
ceiling.  I still have about 50' of dryer hose that is tied in knotts and
into one of their round ball thingys with the 5 holes, with another hose
leading from one hole right back into the ball again.  And I have this pcv
pipe stuff with the elbows and it goes into another of the big round ball
thingy.  Yep you are right, it looks like a daycare center in my den.  thus
I won't even mention the large rice box and the large "swimmingpool" with
the floating pingpong balls and and and

And great work there you rodeo clowns, never thought of what the years were
called during Christ's life time.

Amazing - I just a few minutes ago got a thank you for a shipment of
supplies my ferrets sent out two weeks before Christmas (you may recall
each of my kids picked a shelter to sponser and a pkg was sent in that
one's name with a picture of themselves).  anyway, she just got it.  But
even more amazing, in September when we had our olympics here, I had
emailed the prez of our club since we had the lightest female contest and
the heaviest male contest why in the world couldn't we have a contest for
the heaviest female (I knew Joy would take it).  It got sent to someone
else unknown (I use my address book which prints it right) and this lady
wrote me two weeks ago she just got my post and knew nothing about it -
Ha, snail mail isn't the only thing that gets lost.

Millie and her racing, exploring, traveling noble cleaning crew
Easy Off:  the most perfect ferret in the whole wide world
Ammonia:  Talk is cheap, Grandma, we need ACTION
Cascade:  24 hours in a day x's 24 days left, aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
Ajax:  Here squirrely squirrely, squirrels, come to Ajax, babydolls
Dizzy:  Son, those are Marshal Farms squirrels, yep, they have a
department of squirrels, they get neutered just like........
Joy:  Dizzy stop telling him lies like that, as long as he is hanging
out the window ogglying them, he's leaving us alone.
Prell:  and you all say this is due to hormone changes????????