From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 10:51:12 -0400
Influenza viruses are prone to alterations. Here is info on the current
strain and its behavior in ferrets who were purposely co- infected with
other influenza strains.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/09/090901091731.htm

PLoS article (and I hope that these are not search specific URLs):
<http://knol.google.com/k/daniel-perez/fitness-of-pandemic-h1n1-and-seasonal/2e4ii3cnzi06d/2?collectionId=28qm4w0q65e4w.1&position=17#>
from
http://knol.google.com/k/-/-/28qm4w0q65e4w/1#

If it is not reachable that way but you want to read the article then
go to
http://www.plos.org/
and under
> ../Announcing PLoS Currents (Beta)
click open the blue words that say
> PLoS Currents: Influenza

Then scroll down to

>Fitness of Pandemic H1N1 and Seasonal influenza A viruses during Co-
>infection
>By Daniel Perez, Jianqiang Ye, Matthew Angel,Lindomar Pena et al (9
>authors)
>On June 11, 2009 the World Health Organization (WHO) declared a new
>H1N1 influenza pandemic. This pandemic strain is as...

and click it open

and in addition to finding resources there ones can be found by going
to PubMed and searching for
ferrets influenza
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

Sukie (not a vet)