From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:09:46 -0500
Wildcat wrote:
>"Most" pet owners don't realize that chocolate can be poisonous to their
>pet.
>
>Although tolerance varies in small animals, the minimum lethal dose is
>about .1 oz [1/10 of an ounce] of baking chocolate or 2 oz. of milk
>chocolate for a ferret weighing 2 lbs.

While I'm sure your intentions are good, you are striking needless fear
into the hearts of ferret owners by making unfounded statements.  You
are taking what is known about DOGS and assuming it applies to FERRETS.
But there is NO EVIDENCE that chocolate is toxic to ferrets.

Years ago my six ferrets ate an ENTIRE BAG of Hersheys Kisses (no, I
didn't give it to them, they stole it, unbeknownst to me) and not one
of them ever suffered any health problems from eating chocolate.

Nancy and critters