From:
Barbkitty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 1995 11:36:40 -0500
    I finally found a suitable treat for my monster.  After trying fish,
chicken, baby food, all kinds of fruits and trying futilely to convince him
that he liked raisins like all the *normal* ferrets, I found out that the
silly kid likes candy corn!  Can't possibly be good for him, but then, he's
never good enough to recieve many treats!

    Speaking of not being good, I saw in the FAQ that you should put towels
in litter-box-inoperable corners to keep your ferret from pooping in them.
Well, I tried this, and it worked great for a while, but last night Seymour
just backed into the corner and pooped right on the towel!  Rrrrrrr.  I'm
not sure what to do now.  Would "Get Off My Garden" help in this case?

    Seymour is a lot happier now, though.  We used to have his cage in a
huge walk in closet, but I just relocated it because it was kinda hard to
clean in thier.  I think he likes being in the open better, even if he does
spend only, maybe, an hour a day in his cage!  He also got to play with
some friends this weekend.  My mom's poodle (MiMi the pig-dog) and my
brother's fox terrier (Vixen the chicken-dog).  MiMi's fat, but wonderful
(and she's losing weight!) but Vixen is the dumbest dog I've ever known and
she's afraid of everyone.  I guess she was abused or something before he
got her.  (Boy, do I take off on tagents!) Anyway, they both think Seymour
is the coolest thing they ever saw and they follow him around everywhere.
Seymour is a lot smarter than both of them, and he likes confuse them by
running under the couch, then slipping out while they've got their noses
under the sofa and attacking from behind!  Hah!  The ferret conquers all!

    Oh, yeah.  I believe I made a little mistake in my last posting.That
lady in Austin does run a shelter, not breeding.  I jumped to conclusions
because she said something about having a new litter ready to go.  I still
don't like her attitude, but I don't want to say untrue things about her.

    Talk to ya later!-Barbara and Seymour

    MOMMY- Come on, Seymour, eat the raisin! All ferrets like raisins!
    SEYMOUR-*Yawn*
    MIMI- I'll eat it!
    VIXEN- Raisins are sooooo scary!