From:
paul tessicini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 09:49:47 -0400
Well, It seems I've done it again.  Pissed someone else off for
mentioning names that were in my "they didn't slam me" folder.  My
apologies to you.

This will be my last response to my public bashing by Anthony.

I'm sick of the whole thing and I think you all have better things to do
with your time than this.  I know that it has consumed a lot of my time.
But I've learned a lot about ferrets and human nature through this whole
thing...and I think I've made some friends along the way...at least more
friends than enemies.

I would like to share a part of an email that I sent to a member of FML
(who shall remain nameless):

"I found the understanding of why some of these people get so hot on the
topic as I saw disturbing photos of ferret rescues and was really grossed
out!  But what I also noticed, was that although there are a lot of pics
out there of the horrible conditions that these ferrets are subjected
to...you don't find many pics of the actual shelters where they end up.
At least, the ones in my area anyway.  And, I'm wondering are the
conditions any better?  I mean they might be cleaner, but if the shelter
gets overwhelmed and has too many ferts.... and the money runs out...
then they too will end up like this and what started out as a well meant
endeavor could also end in disaster.  "

I do understand now why some of you got so hot.  And, my new awareness of
what happens out there to these creatures is the good that came from all
of this bantering.  I will make donations to shelters when I can ... and
would be happy to volunteer as long as I can ... but the fact remains
that I still have to find a home for my kids and will continue to do it
my way...to ensure that they don't end up in a dirty cage neglected.  I
prefer that mine find a loving home with children and other animals - I
want them to have something similar to what they have now.  I would like
them to remain a small family rather than 3 among 50.  I'm aware that
they are pet owners out there who deserve the public lashing...but I am
not one of them ... and I agree with the majority of the people who
didn't bash me.... that the furkids are better served by helping people
who cannot care for their pets rather than kicking them when they are
down.

So.  I've enjoyed meeting all of you ... and reading your posts.... and
I will continue to read them ... but I will no longer respond to any
regarding me and my battle with Anthony.

Lisa