From:
msperling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 07:05:54 -0700
My Dear Fellow FML'ers,
I have a very upsetting and noisy problem and have tried the usual things
to discourage this kind of behaviour..but nothing I have done so far has
helped..  It seems that since I thought putting nice grey carpetting in my
furkids cage thinking they would love it and not have to make me feel bad
they slept on old towels and t-shirts..and it was warmer to snuggle
on..well Bandit my 5 year old sable started to dig for over two hours
getting my attention as I work at home and the computer is in the same room
as my furkids are..I tried to place him in a time out zone..that did no
good he dug in the carrier..The next time he dug at 1am on a work week I
tried to scruff him and tell him "NO!"..that did no good as soon as I put
him back in his cage he dug again..Now he has taught my other furkids to
dig ..so now they all dig at 2am or 3am..just when I am trying to sleep...
This has been going on for a month I am tired...I cannot think of anything
else to try..  I did fill a water bottle up and kind of spray his tail with
it when he started to dig..but all he did was look at me like I was nuts..I
really would hate to take the new carpeting out as its just a wire second
floor and I feel guilty they would have to sleep on that..despite placing
t-shirts and old towels there..they always seem to throw them into the
kitty box or poop on them...If anyone has had a similar problem such as I
have now and have ended this behaviour please email me with how you did
so.I really appreciate all the help I can get..and I thank all of you for
that..

My prayers are with those who have crossed the Rainbow bridge and those who
are ill..Now go on and hug the ferrets for me..

Michele zzzzz*yawn*...its a miracle I can even tpe cause I my babies
decided to dig at 4am this morning...but love them despite their bad new
behaviour...<smile>

===
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.