From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:42:56 EST
Err is that ... Radio on Ferrets?  Well anywaaaay Rebecca McFarlane was no
doubt on microphone and a guest speaker on public radio today.  She had a
great host interveiw her, and she was just great!  She talked all about
why ferrets end up in shelters.  And just in time for Xmas... what perfect
timing.  Sweet!  She gave the public lots to think about before they
blindly buy some poor little baby without knowing so much as how to feed
it or care for it.  In contrast, she also went into all sorts of wonderful
traits the ferret does have.

I'll tell you what a great mini crash course into ferreting!  She went
into great detail on the work and devotion required in owning a ferret.
She went over proper care, myths, and illness.  She took great care in
listing lots of reasons people give up ferrets.... what shelters and the
ferret community do to help them.... and the end result (both the bad with
shelter shock and the good with adoption).  I wish there was a transcript
of this for us all,,, I'll tell you I wish there was a tape/cd of this
that could be magically played at the push of a demo button on every cage
of ferrets in petstores.

Bravo to the radio station giving some time to this during the holiday,
and giving people credit for helping in ferret rescue works as well as
adopting them.

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/