From:
"Jennifer G. Fleming" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 14:17:26 -0400
I am a first time ferret owner and I need some advice from the pros.  I have
read books, but this email service seems to have much more information than
any book.  My ferret is 10 weeks old and he nips and bites, I know that
everyone says that this is normal at this age, but he can hurt!  I have
tried Bitter Lime and believe it or not, he loves it!  He eats it like
candy.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I am trying to train him to use the litter box, if he is in his cage,
he will use it, but out of the cage, it seems like it is too much of a
bother to walk over there, so he just goes where he is!  Last night he peed
on my kitchen floor, I then put him in his cage, and then he urinated on
the floor of the cage instead of the litter box.  He seems to only use the
litter box for "special" occasions.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Jennifer