From:
Lynn & Bob <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 17:16:05 -0400
Hi Everyone.

As you all know by my post of the other day, Boo Boo (Boots) had a very bad
reaction to the distemper shot and it was scary to see.  I'm sure there are
those out there who do not vaccinate for this reason, and I would love to
get some email from those of you who do NOT vaccinate.  The reason is that
one, I am scared to death to get the other 5 ferrets their shots now, two,
after talking with others, and calling two vets out of my area, they said
that they only vaccinate every two to three years due to ferrets being a
small animal, and three, I am not sure what to do, but for now, I think we
are going to do nothing at all.  I'm told there is a new, safer, vaccine
coming out and I may just wait for that before getting the other five their
shots.

Please, those of you who don't vaccine, or have never vaccinated your
ferrets, please email me privately as I have some questions for you to help
me make my final decision on whether or not to continue with the shots.  I
know not all of you out there agree with not vaccinating, but we all have a
right to do things the way we feel best.  I at this point never again want
to see any of my babies go through what Boo Boo did, that crying/scream
will forever be in my mind.  I did call my vet and ask if he could change
the shot from fervac to galaxy D and he said no, that he prefers to keep
what he has.

Thank you all.

Lynn and the 6 Fur Kids-Taz,Missy,Georgie,BooBoo,Jack, Daisylou