From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 07:13:50 -0400
I am posting anon.  because frankly I don't want to get flamed in my
personal email.  Let me just say that this is not a dig at anyone.  I
have had my personal differances with Marguerite but let me say this
and let me say it loud!!!  I have adopted 3 of my ferrets from Marguerite
and I could not be happier.  They were ferrets that no one else wanted
and dumped from one shelter to another.  It was sad, they were sad but
now they are happy.  Happy ending to a sad story.  Also if it would not
have been for Maguerite I would not have met some very wonderful people
that became very close friends.

I don't post on the FML much but when I do it has been wonderful to get
the answers I needed.  I agree with the people here that the bashing must
stop because we are losing sight of why we are here and that is to help
one another for the ferret's sake not our own opinions.  We need to put
them aside.  We all agree and disagree with some things but all it does
is take up lots of everyone's energy and space on the FML where things
really need to be looked at.  It is very sad.  We all have issues.  Heck
we have issues with the guy that cuts us off in traffic but do we jump
out of our car and start bashing the guy?  No we have to move on or we
could get killed.  If we would all take the time to stop this bickering
and attend to that which needs to be attended too we would all be better
off.

In defense of Marguerite...I don't know that I would have been able to
nicely explain myself.  Why does she have to take that time from the
ferrets to do that?

I personally am owned by many a ferret and the reason I don't have a
shelter myself and am only able to donate and help others is that I have
seen what it is like to have to run a shelter and God Bless all those
that do because it is a painstaking job esp.  when you lose the ones that
are sick or old.  It breaks your heart and I thank God for the little
angels that can do that on a daily basis and keep going on taking in more
of the neglected, unwanted & sick animals.  How would you feel if someone
dumped you off at a shelter not telling you why you were left there?
These animals form a genuine bond with the owner no matter what they do
to them and it is sad.  Let's take this time to honor all the animals and
all the shelter operators out there and thank god that we are sent these
wonderful beings to make our lives happy.  Let's all pull together as a
group and make the fighting stop.  Ok we may not like one aother or may
not like what they do but if you are like me and have to work for a
living I deal with people I don't like and what they do everyday but I
can't go bashing them.  Besides why waste my energy on them.  Think of
all the energy you waste bashing someone...it takes more of that than to
send your blessings to them....

Ok off my soapbox.  I thought long and hard before I posted here and
didn't even want to use up this much space but it had to be said.  Plain
and simple...

Take care of your fuzzies and love them each and everyday for life is
precious and in a moment that life can be taken from you....

[AD]