From:
Ann Hehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 20:37:36 EST
Hi all,

I am posing this question to the FML and also Dr Williams.  I have a 5 1/2
yr old spayed female ferret who had surgery in 5/00 for right adrenal and a
tumor in the pancreas.  The adrenal was benign and the pancreatic tumor was
malignant.  There were no symptoms at the time for pancreas but there was
the typical hair loss for the adrenal.  The adrenal and tumor in pancreas
was verified by ultrasound and then surgery.  There have been no problems
since then.  However this past week I have noticed episodic weakness in her
right hind quarters.  This has happened 2-3 times in the past few days.  At
first I thought she might have hurt her leg in some way but after I looked
at it closely there was no obvious injury.  She has done it a couple of
times since.  I took her to the vet yesterday and he examined her and could
find no injury.  He thinks that the pancreas has another tumor so we
decided he should do an exploratory surgery to see.  I scheduled it for
next Tues. but I am having second thoughts that perhaps we are jumping
the gun here.  Since this only happens episodically, are we?  He said that
if she did not have the prior tumor that he would take a "wait and see"
attitude but since she did have a tumor which was cancer in May that he
felt reasonably certain that it was another tumor and the earlier he
removed it the better for Jill.  Anyone, particularly Dr Williams have
any advice regarding this?  I would appreciate any input.  This the only
symptom by the way.  No staring, flat ferreting or anything else.

I have been remiss in my thanks to those that emailed me privately after my
Sabrina's death on 9/27.  I sent each one a note back, at least I think I
did.  If I missed anyone I am sorry, did not intend to.  Everyone is great
and supportive to those of us who have had a fuzzie cross the bridge.
Thanks, Sandee, for welcoming Breena to the Bridge.  I know she is doing
great there, it"s just me, missing her so much, that isn't.  I still cry
when I think of her and probably will for a long time to come.

Anyway, anyone with any advice please let me know and also Dr Williams, I
would very much appreciate your advice on this.

Ann and the fuzzie 4, missing Sabrina