From:
April Cechak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 23:54:31 EDT
>Is anyone aware of any laws or anything that would justify their concern?
>The last time I called the local Humane Society, they told me that ferrets
>were legal here and that there were no special laws or concerns regarding
>ferrets.

Hi David,

I am from Dayton although I know longer live there.  Ferrets are legal
there, and as far as I know there are no stipulations.  I am pretty
certain of this.

Did the paramedics call childrens services or something?  I know it is hard
when someone threatens your children (furry or skinned) but I really don't
see that they can do anything.  Not just for having ferrets in the house.

I think it is smart to arm yourself with as much educational literature as
you can, but don't panic over this.  The emergency didn't have anything to
do with the ferrets did it?

I really don't see how they can make you get rid of your ferrets, if that
was the implication.

Good luck,
April