From:
Jennifer Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 08:43:38 -0400
About 2 years ago, I found on the internet a jpeg file which had maybe two
dozen little cartoon-like drawings of ferrets.  I found the page one night
when I was surfing the net, I probably started with ferret central.  Whoever
did those illustrations, I need to ask his/her permission to use them.
(unfortunately, I can't remember where it was I downloaded the file!)

I'm working on updating MaFF's ferret info brochure, and I need to add some
"life" to it.  Little ferret cartoons would be the perfect thing!  Any
information you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Jennifer (Makower) Stuart

FYI- several months ago our two ferrets got severely sick from what we think
was probably ECE.  I've read that it is possible that the disease can be
passed from human conact/clothing, we think the first vet we saw (who was
only treating something minor) gave it to us.  They even had said they were
"seeing alot of cases of ECE", and I think that it was passed from the lab
coats!  In any case, I just wanted to give you the latest news on the two
monsters, everyone was very supportive.  Loki never came down with it quite
so hard.  His lasted only about a week and a half before he started to
recover.  It has now been 5 months since Sculley came down with it, he was
hit really hard with it.  In the last few weeks, though, he has seemed to
have recovered 100%.  He's playful again (perhaps a little TOO playful!) and
even gaining his weight back!  (Before he was sick: he weighed 3lbs, at the
worst part of the disease he weighed ONE POUND!!  At that point we really
thought we were going to loose him!  but he seems to be back up at 3 now) I
didn't want to say anything until now, I didn't want to jynx it, but Sculley
seems to have made a full recovery too!  Thanks again for everyone's
support!