From:
Sharon Burbine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 00:05:35 -0500
First off, I'd like to say THANKS to BIG and the FML for letting us use this
forum to get our messages out to you all.

Second, thanks to all of you for your combined efforts to help us pass House
Bill 295 (THE FERRET BILL).

Third, Raisins, Ferretone and the "Weasel War Dance" is the "Business" of
the day for us here in MA.

Okay, I just have to come down to earth a bit.  Please I want to warn all of
you that remember, even though the Governor signs our bill, we will not be
LEGAL for 90 DAYS.  That makes FEBRUARY 15th FERRET FREEDOM DAY IN MA.

Please don't take your fuzzies out yet.......I will take time to inform all
the Animal Control Officers and Agencies of this change too.

The Mass Friends Group will definately have a ferret get-together sometime
in the spring of next year to celebrate this wonderful news.  Getting a bit
too cold to be standing out in the Boston Commons this time of year.  What
we'll do is have our first annual rabies clinic and ferret awareness day.
Will keep everyone posted as to that.

Anyone in the New England area who wishes to see a bunch of very happy
ferret people, please stop by the Mass Friends booth at the Boston Pet Expo
at the Bayside Expo Center this Saturday and Sunday.

I'll do a posting on Wed or Thurs with directions and costs.

AGAIN, THANKS FROM ME AND THE GROUP.

Sharon Burbine,
Mass Friends Group