From:
punchbug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 04:42:00 -0700
>Date:    Mon, 16 Apr 2001 22:28:26 -0600
>From:    Especially Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: See what some of us have to deal with!
>This is the question sent to my e-mail:
>
>How long is the lifespan of a ferret & does it have saliva glands, or will
>it die without water?
>
>This is my answer to this persons question:
>
>I guess a smart ass question gets a smart ass answer....you need to water
>the dirt in your brain cavity,
>Ferretguy
>
>Would any of you answered this different and how?

Maybe I missed something.... ??
If someone wrote to you in search of ANSWERS, your smartass response did
not serve the purpose.  I don't see the question as being a "smart ass"
question but I did see your response as such.

Many people are uneducated about ferrets (as we all know) and smart ass
answers from ferret people not only fail to educate but tend to give people
the impression that ferret people are smart ass, eccentric, and arrogant.
This might have been your chance to SAVE a ferret from dehydration... your
lack of a helpful answer probably turned that person off and it isnt'
likely that he/she will write to YOU again.  Perhaps this person was under
the (mistaken) impression that ferrets were desert dwellers who needed
little water?  Perhaps this was a child asking?  Perhaps this person missed
their physiology classes and don't know that saliva aids in chewing and
digestion.  I guess my point is, the only stupid question is the one that
isn't asked (unless you're asking if your smart ass answer deserves an
"attaboy" and a slap on the shoulder).

Lighten up, Ferretguy!  Stop being so damned indignant about everything!

Renee