From:
Craig Sylla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 1995 13:17:34 -0500
I'm looking for a good veterinarian in the NW Chicago suburbs, as it has
gotten well overdue for my two-ferret sneaker assault team to get updated
shots.  They originally went to Dr Black in Prospect Heights, but I thought
I would get opinions and/or recommendations from the FML as one is getting
up there in age (nearly 5) and the other has what looks like a black wart
or growth on her toe - I have *no* idea what it is, although that toe got
caught in a hinge several months ago.

Please send any recommendations directly to my email address.

Also - are my girls at any risk of catching the 'greenies' from going to a
vet where an infected ferret has been recently treated?

Regarding older ferrets and lower-protien food - I saw a bag of MF ferret
food, and I think it was something around 38% protien - this is about 5%
*more* than Iams or Science Diet kitten food.  Would this mean that MF is
*not* a good thing to give ferrets after 3-4 years of age?

Does anybody else have a temperature-sensitive ferret?  Byrsha (5-yr-old
silver-mitt) will go to sleep curled up nose-to-tail on her tummy.  If
the apartment is too warm, she will rotate without uncurling until the
'right' amount of thinner tummy-fur is exposed to keep cool - or she
is completely upside-down, whichever comes first.  (Shortly thereafter
her companion, Curie (3-yr-old cinammon) usually decides to wrestle...)

Thanks for any help!
Craig ([log in to unmask])
Byrsha, The Master of Tipping Things Over
Curie, The Master Collector