From:
Leonard Bottleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 09:26:03 -0700
Bob,

You rock!  No, no, this doesn't mean I'm calling you a non sentient lump
of minerals, but that you put the spring into our ferrets' happy feet.

The best donation for any shelter has to be the adoption of their ferrets.
Please, if you want to add a ferret to your family, check out your local
shelter.

The Cascade Ferret Network has a desperate need for qualified foster homes
and volunteers (and of course people looking to adopt).

Every single CFN ferret gets into a play area out at least once a day
(almost always twice a day) for play time and human interaction.  In just
the past 3 weeks we've received over 30 ferrets, and our days now run from
6 am until midnight.

Foster homes are great, because each foster parent needs to just take one
or two additional ferrets home and give them the same level of attention as
their pets (we pay all of the bills for care), which gives us more time to
spend on the ferrets here at the central facility (and some time for sleep
too).

Volunteers are great because they make sure every single ferret gets a
whole lotta love each day.  That's right, we WANT people to come over and
do nothing more than play with ferrets!  This frees us up to do the more
mundane tasks like clean cages, clean play areas, do laundry, and rearrange
play areas for diverse play experiences.  Of course if the volunteers want
to pitch in with the mundane tasks too, we'll let them.

For those who can't volunteer or be a foster parent, we can always use
donations.  We are a 501(c)(3) corporation, so donations are tax
deductible.  See our web page for details.

http://www.cascade-ferret.org

Thanks again Bob for bringing up this topic.  Not bad for a non sentient
lump of minerals.

Leonard                               [log in to unmask]
                                      http://www.teleport.com/~leonard