Date:
Sun, 22 May 2005 17:03:03 -0700
Yes, me again . . . . This time about my other furkid, Sasha. Ive been
looking around for various forms of melatonin that I can give to my
adrenal kiddos (in lieu of the Ferretonin implants, which Phoebe does
have) and Ive not been very successful in finding the liquid form in a
3mg.  dosage here.  However, I DID just find a 3 mg.  (powdered) capsule
form that I can mix directly in with the gravy I give Sasha.  However,
each capsule also contains 2 mg.  of vitamin B-6 and Im hoping that
this extra additive is OK but does anyone know if that would NOT be OK
to administer with the melatonin?

My Phoebe and Sasha both have had adrenalectomies within the past year
and both have had reoccurring symptoms already.  As a result (which some
might recall from my previous posts), Phoebe is receiving monthly Lupron
shots and got the Ferretonin implant last month so Im not going to be
giving her the oral melatonin.  Sasha, however, is only getting the
monthly Lupron shot and that is controlling her vulva swelling just fine
as long as she gets the shot every 3-4 weeks.  If I wait any longer than
that, the swelling immediately begins again.  So Im going to start
giving Sasha this oral melatonin in her food daily between 12-2pm and
after about 1-2 months, stop a monthly dose of Lupron to see how the
melatonin alone works.  Ill know within a week or two after stopping
the Lupron if/how the melatonin alone is or is not working on its own
so its worth a try . . . .

Just curious to know if there might be any adverse reactions to ferrets
getting the vitamin B-6?

THANKS,
Jennifer and the 3 Amigos