From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 2009 12:45:46 -0400
Possum here, do you humans have any idea how much work can be done with
20 extra hands? That's 5 humans for those of you that don't know how to
count. Lots and lots; let me tell you!

First let me say thank you to Miss Cathy R. for getting these humans
together! Thanks Miss Cathy R.

So! Yesterday was shelter work day; we had old shelter friends and new
shelter friends show up to help mum get some things done that she does
not have time to get done with the everyday duties she has to do. They
started pulling in at 8:15 am so each of the humans that came picked a
job off mums list and went to work.

Miss Mindy chose the play porch she got the floor scraped; swept and
painted it took all day.

Miss Ginger took all our dig boxes out emptied them; power washed them,
dried them and refilled them with corn starch peanuts then brought them
back in to us. Then she painted the other side of the ferret room
barrier that never got done when it was put up several years ago.

Master Carl is Joe and Ginger's son he power washed all the donations
that came in over the winter so they could be stretch wrapped and put
away in the BIG barn, for later use.

Mr. Pete went out to the play yard and decided it was going to be his
mission to get it cleaned up and ready for clinic day in just 4 weeks.
He emptied the sand because it was buggy, emptied the balls they were
broken. He raked, cleaned, mowed and raked again. It is ready to set
up for clinic day.

Mr. Joe had to work at his job in the morning so he came later in the
day, he went out to mums veggie garden and mowed between the rows,
showed mum how to start the weed eater (so far she has only been able
to start it once) so she can keep the weeds down around the edge of the
garden. Cut and helped mum get the new tubes on the sides of the cages
so when we climb up the front of the cages we have a safe way do get
down. Mr. Joe helped Master Carl with power washing too.

All in all the work got done even with a lunch break in the middle!
Everyone was gone and on their way home by 5 PM. Mum was beat and we
are pretty sure everyone that came to work were beat too. Everyone put
110% into the jobs they picked to do; everyone left dirty and really
really tired! Here are the pictures mum took of the humans hard at
work to help mum take care of us.
http://community.webshots.com/album/571943565KzRknK?start=0

Now that I have work day reported I have some other things to tell.

It is just 4 weeks till clinic day if you want to know more, see
pictures or sign up Miss Mindy has made that possible by going here
www.ferretfarm.org <http://www.ferretfarm.org/> it is all on the front
page of our site. If you would like to join us just for the fun we
would love to have you, mum asks that you bring a dish to pass for the
picnic. The raffle is also just 4 weeks away so if you want a chance
to get this special stained glass piece go here
www.kwlatbed.com/brenda/raffle.html.

NOW I have a really really REEEAAALLLY special request, when Miss
Ginger cleaned our dig boxes (with mum's permission and request) all
the beans and rice needed to be dumped, mum did not have any to replace
it so I was wondering if when you guys come to clinic day would you
bring me and my friends a bag of beans and a bag rice so we can have
different dig boxes like before? We need to defiantly get the rice box
back because the DMK AKA Category 4 crew can move the box that used
to have rice in it and now has corn starch peanuts in it and they are
moving it to jump the barrier to the other room!!!!!

Shhhhhh don't tell mum I asked for the beans and rice, she told me
I needed to keep this on a professional level NOT PERSONAL! But the
idea for each of you bringing us a bag of rice and beans each was Miss
Mindy's idea and she told me I could do this on this special report.

Ta ta for now.
Super Snooper
Possum

Lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue/shelter