From:
Emmanuelle Brochier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:15:10 -0800
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the mailing-list. My name is Emmanuelle, I'm french and I
have two ferrets. In two months, I'm moving to Mexico and I'd like to
move with my ferrets but I wonder if this is a good idea after all.

First of all, I'm not very pleased to know that the airlines companies
do not allow any ferrets in cabin and I don't really feel comfortable
to leave my ferrets in cargo for who knows how long and not to mention
that I don't want to take the risk of losing them.

Second of all, I don't drive and I'm trying to get the help of some
friends to drive me from portland to Oaxaca but I have to admit that
my friends are not very reliable and I'm still waiting for them to
tell me if they can help me or not. The californian laws are also
very challenging and I don't know if, in case I have a ride, I can
drive through California anyway by using specific checkpoints.

Third, is it really a bad idea to bring my ferrets to Mexico? There
are vets there but they don't seem to have a profound knowledge about
ferrets health. I'm afraid of mistakes and I really don't want to see
my babies suffering because of lack of care. It is very hard to write
this down but I'd rather give them to a caring person in the state,
who has access to care that nothing at all. I asked my vet if I could
contact her in case of emergency but she doesn't speak spanish, she's
always busy (I don't blame her for that) and that doesn't seem very
practical to do something like that.

My priorities are my ferrets but if my new life won't offer the best
health care, a clean and peaceful environment to them, I'd rather find
someone here to adopt them and make sure they can stay happy and safe.

If anyone has any advice or recommendation, please let me know :)

Thank you :)

Emmanuelle