From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 15:38:30 -0400
Well, with heavy heart, I am writing to let everyone know that Orion
passed onto the Bridge last night.  I just want to thank all the people
that emailed me to wish him fast healing, love and strong hope.  He went
in to have a blockage removed and ended up having a double adrenalectomy.
He recovered so well and had been doing fine and then he crashed.  We
pulled him out of that but then he crashed again this past Wednesday.  We
took him for his Dexamethesone (sp?) shot and he seemed to be recovering.
He started acting funny again on Friday, so my husband scheduled him an
appointment with the vet first thing Saturday morning (our Vet, Dr. K in
Gainesville, FL has Sat.  appointments) but when my husband got up to
take him, he had passed on.  He was snuggled in his favorite blankie and
was just gone.

I'll miss the Dirty White Boy.  He was my biter. :0)  I loved him anyway.
I don't know what happened to him before he came to me from a friend who
rescued him, but he was just a nipper.  After his surgery though, he quit
nipping.  I wonder if he had adrenal problems the whole time.  He was
only 4 years old.  I am in the process of having his picture drawn for a
tattoo, so, now I am trying to urgently get it done.  The idea for the
tattoo came before he was sick, so now I am very ready to go under the
needle again.  I will be a testament to his personality and his ways.  He
was a special kid.  He was special to us and we loved him so much.

So, Sandee, be on the lookout.  A ferret angel is coming your way.  I say
angel with a slight tone of sarcasm.  He' s a rough-houser.  I suspect,
his little halo will have horns holding it up and his wings will resemble
red dragon wings.  At least, that's how he's going to look in my tattoo.
I hope he likes the idea.  He has two brothers, Zeus and Hermes at the
Bridge.  They have only met one other time because Zeus and Hermes
wouldn't get along with everyone else in our house.  I hope that when
they meet this time, they can all play together and get along well.  If
there is a mountain of dirty clothes at the Bridge, I'm sure you will
find Orion there.  Tell him his mommy and daddy love him lots and will
miss him.  He'll never be forgotten, because when someone sees me with a
bathing suit on or asks about my tattoos, they will ask, "Hey, who's the
little albino ferret/dragon?" and then I will tell his story all over
again.

Hugs and kisses and belly raspberries to Zeus and Hermes.  I'm sure they
will just LOVE those belly farts.  Tell them not to worry.  Their
tattooed pictures are coming too.

Thanks again to everyone that wrote, called or helped us out.

April and Damon and the crew of 10 brother missing fuzzies