Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2010 13:14:58 EDT
>...I explained to her that my ferrets are mixed in color, unemployed,
>lazy, can't speak English and have no frigging clue who their Daddy's
>are. They expect me to feed them, provide them with housing and
>medical care. So she looked in her policy book to see what it takes
>to qualify. My ferrets get their first checks Friday.

I wish it were this simple; but there is more than one way to be
advantaged.

The socioeconomic advantages of those "born rich" are obvious. Most of
us are born biologically advantaged with no excessively severe physical
or mental handicaps.

Mental disabilities are less visible; but they cause as as much
dysfunction and are just as challenging as the more obvious physical
disabilities. Sometimes they are even more challenging because of the
appearance of healthy
*normalcy."

Expecting people who were born without "bootstraps" to "pull themselves
up by their bootstraps" is not only unjust, it is cruel.

Carol

Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey
is all about.
-Unknown