From:
"Mrs. Duck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 1996 17:06:17 -0500
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year!  Hope you all had good
Holidays, Chaunaka, Christmas or Kwaanza, or whatever other you may
celebrate.

In the Duck Household, thank God, the flu seems to have left the fur covered
ones.  Molly let us know she was feeling much better by squeezing herself
through a smaller hole than ever before, and escaping from my office
(otherwise known as "jail").  I guess she wanted to know what the fuss was
in the living room- we were putting gifts under the tree, because all of a
sudden she was there.  We couldn't figure out how she had gotten out, and
put her back in.  We started doing something in that room, and I looked over
at the gate, just to see Molly squeezing through.  She wasn't happy when I
picked her up and put her back on the jail side of the gate.  She went back
through about 6 times before we locked them up so Mr. Duck could fix the
problem.  She lost a lot of weight during the flu (she was always tiny to
begin with) and managed to get through a hole between the baby gate and the
wall.  Mr. Duck fixed that really quickly.  It is now about 1/2" x 1/2 ", so
I don't think she'll be able to sqeeze through.  Of course the female human
(ME) is still sick with the flu- it's been an on again off again thing for
over a month- I suppose I should go to the doctor :-).

Another good thing is that all of a sudden, many of the ferrets who always
turned their noses up at TF and Innova are munching it down.  Yeah!!  They
were going into Gabriels cage and stealing it, so I gave them a bowl of
their own- when I looked the next morning, it was gone.  I looked throughout
the cage to make sure Roxanne hadn't hidden it all somewhere, and realized
it had been eaten.

-Mrs. DUck