From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 08:15:35 -0500
Well, I finally have a "good vet" story to tell.....Cecil will be 2 years
old in May - he's one of Libby's kits that I kept from her last litter.

Last Fall, I took him to the "bad vet" because Cecil was skin and bones,
hair was sparse, skin was wrinkley.  The 'bad' vet said it may be a
malabsorption problem and suggested using papaya juice.  3 wks later, no
improvement.  Then he thought it might be a food allergy, so I took him off
chicken and put him on a turkey and lamb diet.  After 3 wks, no improvement.
The 'bad' vet said to wait 3 months - I knew this was wrong because Elliott
*does* have a chicken allergy and improvement was noticed about 3 wks after
a diet change.

After my tragic episode with Angel, I decided then and there not EVER to see
the 'bad' vet again, and took Cecil to see Dr.  Allen Edwards at Brockport
Animal Hospital, who was absolutely WONDERFUL when I took Angel there, but
unfortunately, I was too late for her.

Dr. Edwards took one look at Cecil and couldn't believe he was only 2 - he
looks like a little old man - in fact, my 8 yr old looked better and younger
than Cecil.  Dr. Edwards thought ADRENALS and suggested surgery.

Well, Cecil had surgery yesterday, and Dr. Edwards found the left adrenal
to be significantly larger than the right one, so he took it out.

I feel confident that now Cecil will start putting some weight on and grow
back that nice looking coat he had as a baby.

I can't say enough about Dr.  Edwards and his staff.....ESPECIALLY his tech,
Mary McCarthy, who is an angel herself.

And special thanks to Pat Nothnagle and Jeanne Stadtmiller who never really
gave up on me and pushed until I saw the light - and now I see it very
clearly......

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA
Western New York and Finger Lakes