From:
Charissa Ebersole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 09:27:46 PST
Hi, everyone!  This is my first posting, however I've been reading the FML
for about a month.  I don't get to every issue -- too busy playing with my
ferret, and such.

Since I grew up in California, and only moved to Ohio two years ago I had
limited exposure to ferrets.  My first introduction to ferrets as pets came
as a musician-performer at a Renassaince Faire in San Diego County.  One of
the other performers had an illicit ferret at the fair.  My daughter and I
fell in love with her, the ferret that is.  At Christmas, I made the leap.
We now have Belle a sable ferret, who has our Golden Retriever, Frodo,
completely buffaloed.  Our Scotty, Lisa loves her.  The cats, Isabeau and
Navarre do their Monty Python routine -- "Run away!"

My second exposure to ferrets was at Poway Lake, in San Diego County.  Has
anyone out there heard of a feral population of domestic ferrets there?
I've seen the critters with my own eyes.  They live in burrows along the
picnic area near the lake.  Or am I confusing feral domesticated ferrets
with the Black-footed.

BTW - Belle surprised us when she snatched crumbs of Nutro Tartar Control
Dog biscuits.  She loves them.  Is it okay for her to have a few bites of
these biscuits?

Charissa