Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 1994 18:32:51 -0500
Russ,
>My little fuzzies seem to be scratching themselves more and more.  I
have checked for fleas and have found none.<

The problem may be dry skin, which is not too uncommon with winter coming on.
One suggestion is to cut down on the bathing frequency.  We do ours about
once every three months (unless they get into the fireplace or the powdered
sugar).  After they reach about 4-6 months and the kit odor goes away, they
really don't need it more often than that.  We also put some Avon Skin So
Soft in their final rinse water; swirl it around; dunk the ferret in it and
swirl it around.  The Skin So Soft seems to do wonders for their dry skin.
 There are ferret-specific pump sprays  available in pet stores that you can
spray on them between baths that are supposed to help the dry skin too.

Dick B.