From:
Laura L'Heureux Kupkee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 1995 08:10:35 CDT
Bill,

Oops -- sorry, didn't mean to speak for you incorrectly.

I'm sure aspirin can be given in the appropriate doses in ferrets -- it can
in cats, too, it's just that it has to be given at something like 1/2 tablet
every other day and the danger of toxicity is just too high.  Whether or not
it is that toxic in ferrets I'm not sure, to tell you the truth.  I'll have
to defer to Dr. Williams, Dr. Weiss, or Dr. Phelps for this one.

Laura

Laura L'Heureux Kupkee
U. of Illinois Vet Med Class of `96