From:
Aaron Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 06:21:30 -0700
Here's an odd one for you, my 3 year old male ferret is a vegetarian.
Oh, I'm well aware that there are processed meat products in the high
protien kitten food we feed him, but he hasn't much choice in that.
He'll eat anything except raw or cooked meat on it's own.  We tried to
give him a small peice of chicken and he recoiled so much he almost fell
off my wife's knee (it was cold of course).  We give him a small peice of
celery or carrot and he'll happily drag it off and eat it like it was his
favourite treat.  He like's celery, carrot, potato (more than one of which
he's dragged under the deep freeze for later munching), asparagus, and
brussell sprouts.  After all that, if we try to feed him meat, he won't
have anything to do with it and either recoils or acts dissinterested.
We've tried ground beef, fish, chicken, pork and egg both cooked and "half
cooked".  I think he's got wierd taste budds because we tried "Bitter
Apple" once to keep him from biting his cage bars and although he curled
his lip when he did it, he proceeded to lick it from both the bars and my
fingers.

Aaron Watson