From:
illuzion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 20:20:03 -0400
Hi everyone!

After reading this to myself I will thank you in advance for reading my
wandering ravings.........

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that participated in and helped
co-ordinate the Toronto Ferret Frolic this past Saturday.  Although it was
only my first ferret-event I must admit I cannot imagine having more fun or
meeting a nicer group of people.  Hats off to all the fuzzies that suffered
through wearing hats, dresses, jackets and lizard outfits but I must say
they all looked adorable.

For those of you not in attendance this past weekend let me introduce my
two boys.......

Both are "Real Canadian Ferrets" born in Manitoba, Canada and bought in
Toronto, Ontario.

First there is Spaz.  Spaz is a healthy 8 month old Chocolate Siamese.  He
looks like he is probably 1 1/2 to two years because he is such a big boy.
If you were at the Ferret Frolic he was the one who didnt run during the
tunnel race, refused to tip any cups and ended the day passed out on
Daddy's shoulder.  On the advice of several people at the frolic Spaz may
take a stab at being a show ferret if he feels like it that day.....

Secondly there is our tiny Lucky, the cutest Sable ever.  When lucky was a
kit he had a nasty fall ( more of a jump from what I understand ) the day
he arrived at the pet store.  At the time Lucky was paralized and could
hardly move.  The pet store (too worried about the "bottom line" and
whether or not Lucky would be sellable) decided they wanted to put Lucky
down.  Thank god my Michelle convinced the management to allow her to take
Lucky home and attempt to nurse him back to "sellability".  That night
Lucky had blood in his stools and seemed to be having a hard time.
Michelle, afraid for his life rushed him (late at night and at her own cost
because the store refused to pay ) to a vet.  The vet wasnt very helpful
and he too suggested Lucky be euthanized to releive his pain and suffering.
Of course Michelle wasnt ready to accept that as a possibility and home she
went to cuddle Lucky whether he survive or leave her for The Rainbow
Bridge.  That was a long night for Michelle and I (especially because work
had taken me to the West coast for a few weeks) but miraculously we (Lucky
too of course! *grin*) pulled through it and a few days and several
arguments with the store later Spaz had a friend to bounce around the house
with.  Deciding to cut their losses the store allowed us to keep Lucky for
the price we paid for the late night vet treatment and meds we bought.  For
anyone that was at the Frolic on Saturday, Lucky was the fuzzie everyone
thought was a girl because he is soooo small, especially beside his big
brother Spaz.

No I feel bad because I haven't told you much about Spaz.  What else can I
say???  He is the thief in my darkness, he is the bite on my toes, he is
the surfer of my laundry basket, he is the tipper of my Coke, he is the
terror in my life but I'll be damned if I don't love him to bits!!!

Hugs and kisses from our fuzzies to you and yours.  Our hearts go out
especially to those of you who have had your fuzzies cross the Rainbow
Bridge recently.

Well I guess that is all for now.

On a final note I want to thank the administrators of the FML, I have
leaned tons and have only been around a short while!

Cheers from the Gang......

Michelle and Patrick (that'z me!) --- The Hooman Overseers
(hmmmm  do I smell a plot for the "Adventures of the Starship Raisinpriz        e")
Cloud and Pokey --- our cute lil Hedgehogs and honary Fuzbits according to
Spaz
And last but not least......
Spaz (Daddy's lil boy) and Lucky (Mommy's lil suck!)