From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 08:28:19 EST
Me: I'm so worried about Smokes teeth...he looks like he has gingivitis.
I need to get that taken care of.

Vet: Hes really not that bad at all..... the one you should be concerned
about is Rocky.

Me: Rocky?!  Are you kidding?

Vet: No take a look... (vet picks up Rocky and shows me his gums are very
red, one side looks like it bleeds)

Me: I'm shocked... how did I over look that?!

The vet goes on to explain the procedure to be done on Rocky in the
future.  Sean is silent through all this.... and underneath the vet
looking up strangely.  Finally when the vet left the room briefly, Sean
came running over to me in tears.  This came from nowhere, so I was
surprised.

Sean: Mommy Rocky!

Me: Sean its just teeth, honey.  The vet just has to clean them is all.
We all have to get our teeth cleaned.

Sean: But I don't want him here ..... asleep.

Me: Its just while he cleans his teeth so he won't be scared Sean.

Sean: But I will WORRY.  :;tears::

Me: Sean calm down.  Its just a teeth cleaning.  I'll let you stay home
from school to be here ok?  Its fine... it happens.  He is not sick,
nothing is wrong at all ok?  It will take no time and you know what?

Sean: But I will WORRY.

Me: Sean!  Sean........ you know what?

Sean: what.

Me: His teeth are going to be sooooooooo pretty white. (smile)

Sean: Really?

Me: yes.  Ok?

Sean: But...

Me: I know but that is normal.  We all worry.  I know you will worry and
thats fine, I'll be here with you ok?

Sean:  okaaaaaaay.......

Wolfy

Please visit: