From:
Jennifer Hoh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 17:45:22 -0400
HELP!  HELP!  I'm being eaten out of house and home!  Three weeks ago I
picked up a small, cute, cuddly, completely charming LITTLE ferret kit--16
weeks old.  He weighed in at only 1-1/4 pounds.  Last week I went on
vacation for a week.  I left out over four pounds of food--enough to last my
two adult ferrets almost 3 weeks (a lasagne dish full to the top).  I was
gone only 1 week, and had a house sitter check on the ferrets every day (my
ferrets have the run of the house).  After only THREE DAYS he reported that
all of the food was GONE, and that he had filled the dish again.  When I
came home on day 7, the dish was down to crumbs again, and my cute little
1-1/4 lb.  fuzzie was tipping the scales at almost THREE pounds!  He's only
19 weeks old!  Will he never stop growing?!?

In the three weeks since I've had him we've gone through almost 12 pounds of
food!  He's already the biggest ferret I've ever owned, and he still has his
kitten fur (not to mention HUGE feet).  Mind you, I love him dearly, but I
want a ferret, not a COW!  When do they generally stop growing, anyway? I'd
like to think the end is in sight...

Jen