Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:40:57 -0400
Hi Sandi, and all others.

It's been awhile since I wrote because I gave up my 5 babies to the
shelter in question.  I would not ever have given them to those wonderful
people if I didn't trust them explicitly.  These two people are just the
very best people I know.  I have been over there numerous times and the
place is always clean and neat.  The ferrets are well cared for and get
out regularly.  In fact, it's such a beautiful place that our local
channel 3 news team did a story on it last year.  I believe it's still
on their web site and you can look and see for your self how nice the
place and the ferrets are.  You can go to www.wear3.com and click on Pet
Tales.  Go about half way down and look for the word "Ferret".  It give
the entire name of the shelter but I won't mention it on here.  (To many
nasties again).

Anyway, Sandi dear, I'm sorry you are so upset by what you think you saw.
But surely you are mistaken.  AC gave the place and the ferrets a clean
bill of health and a good job.

These two people, (whose health problems are non of your business by the
way) are devoted ferret lovers who are trying to keep up with it all
on their own.  All of their volunteers have gone away.  If you have a
problem with how the babies are being taken care of, help!  I have never
met a kinder couple.  They helped me through two deaths, and tons of
medical problems.  They use the same vet as I do for ferrets, dog and
cat.  He told me that they keep the ferrets healthy and that they are
well cared for.  Now if the vet recommends them, who are you to say
otherwise?

As for the smell, OK, ferrets have an odor.  I have been in the house
over and over again.  The smell has never been very strong.  It smells
like ferrets, not dirt or poo.  If you don't like ferret smell, don't
adopt or purchase ferrets.

Shelter people have enough problems without you second guessing and
critisize them.  Don't be a part of the problem, be a part of the
solution.  Go over there and change news papers, scoop poop, feed
someone.  Cuddle and kiss and scrub a floor or two.

Shelters everywhere, beware of do gooders who think they know better than
you do.  Yes, we must protect against horders and nasty people, but use
some common sense.

Animal control passed them without question, so thanks Sandi dear.  I
think you did them a favor (in a mean nasty way).  Now no one will be
able to say that they aren't doing the best for their babies.  And if
you still think you can do a better job, then open a shelter yourself.
But leave these kind hearted, hard working people alone.

Shelley