From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 06:29:29 -0800
Hi All,

The general consensus I have gather from the FMLer's is that I can expect
Rupert (male about 2 1/2 years old)to drop 1/4 to 1/3 of his weight due to
the shedding process.  I expected he would do this, but he has also stopped
eating his duck soup.  He has access to TF at all times, but he has always
preferred to eat his duck soup in addition.  I give him the duck soup before
work and after work.  He has always enjoyed it and begged for it.  Rupert is
a free roam ferret along with EB, so I am not sure who much or if any TF he
eats.  Now that he has stopped eating his duck soup I am concerned.  He has
energy, bright eyes, war dances alittle, loves to go for walks outside etc..
The only change I have seen is in his fluid intake.  I have a small bowl of
pedialyte (sp) which they have access to 24 hours a day, he has been
drinking quite a bit.  Plan of action; I intend on making a new batch of
duck soup after work and see if that makes a difference to his taste buds.
If he does not eat the new duck soup I plan on taking him to the vet.  What
should I have the vet check for?  I will explain the situation to the vet
but I would like some of the experienced people on this list to give me some
suggestion that I could refer to my vet.  Thanks in advance.

Jill Owned By
Rupert, Fiona & EB
[Moderator's note: You can reach Jill at [log in to unmask] for the
next week or two.  BIG]