From:
Sherry Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 23:11:17 -0500
Ok, I just had to comment on one thing, in all of the mess that's been
flying around about shelters and breeders and such.  It pertains to Sam and
Slinky.  I have been following Sam's work on the net for months, I visit
the site frequently, and I've cried over many a poem that Sam writes.  My
heart broke when I heard about the frantic search for Podo, and when Slinky
died, I knew there was anguish, just by the heartfelt post written.  (I
keep avoiding applying a pronoun, because I've seen Sam refered to as a he
in some posts and then as a she in another, so I'm not sure what gender Sam
is)  Sam is someone who adds not only to this great list, but in his/her
own way, has done alot of selfless work for ferrets around the world, in
posting stories about ferrets in need, and keeping alot of the work done in
different parts cohesive.  Betty, I've read your posts as well, and always
enjoyed them.  I believe you are a person who loves ferrets dearly, and has
no bad intentions.  But I have to say, I think your use of Sam's case as
your example in the post a few days ago was terribly insensitive.  I know
if it hit me that way, only knowing from half-way around the world of Sam's
efforts, I know it had to hit Sam very hard, as emotionally raw as the
situation there is now.  I felt the need to say this in his/her defense.

Humbly,
Sherry

--
http://www.geocities.com/southbeach/pier/8102/ Meet my fuzzy family!