From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 20:51:40 -0700
So as you know earlier this year was pretty rough for me. I lost three
ferrets - Andy, then Oliver, then Duncan. The first two to insulinoma
and the third to lymphoma. The little gang of four I was left with
definitely seemed a bit low key being that I was used to my insane
posse of seven. It didn't seem right that I had this pile of newspaper
accumulating because I didn't have to line the floor of the cage by
the litter pans half as often.

Well all that changed on Saturday. I was visited by Terri of Little
Dudes Ferret Ranch, a shelter I volunteer with and fund -raise for. She
brought with her four ferrets that had recently been surrendered to the
shelter. I had been told she was bringing the two I was interested in
(she'd sent me pics and told me of them) and was bringing two for me
to "just to look at and promote on the forum" (my ferret forum). The
two I was interested in - love at first sight. One was a stocky panda
("Sneezy") with a personality to match. He was leaping at my dog and
war dancing backwards away from him. And his partner, a lanky sable
("Spanky"), looked a lot like Duncan who I lost in May and immediately
started chasing - and being chased - by my fuzzies. Then there was
"Jack" - a beautiful three year old silver boy with the cutest splotchy
nose. Terri said he'd been very sad since being surrendered but he was
bouncing about with my gang and taking particular interest in a beach
ball that he was pushing room to room. He also seemed smitten with Jake
dog - who was taking total delight in the ferret frenzy going on around
him.

Well, a little arm-twisting later (yeah right... I may as well be
freaking GUMBY as easy as my arm bends!!!) I adopted three of the four.
The only reason I didn't take the fourth was because he looked a bit
too much Ringo plus he wasn't bonded to any of the other ferrets I was
adopting. So with all the ferret surrenders I've read of lately on the
forum I thought you all would like to know three have gone the other
way and found a forever home. As for names, I definitely am changing
"Sneezy" and "Spanky". I prefer human names for most of my pets so I'm
thinking "Tommy" for the panda (as in "Tommy can you hear me?" since
he's deaf), "Jimmy" for the sable (as in "Dr. Jimmy" - another Who
song) and "Jack" will stay just that (as in "Happy Jack - yup, The Who
as well!) So my gang will be Ringo, Johnny Rotten, Roxy, Sassy, Tommy,
Jimmy and Jack. So now all my fuzzies except Sassy have been named via
my love for music (Johnny Rotten - Sex Pistols singer, Roxy - song by
Concrete Blonde) :)

To see them go to my Youtube.com page -
http://www.youtube.com/ferretocious
(Click on the "88" Next to Videos in the middle of the page and then
it'll pull up all the videos. The ones with the new gang are the first
few on that page.)

Laura and The Seattle Seven (once again) at
www.ferretocious.com