From:
Maureen Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 08:14:05 -0400
Hi everyone,
Well, I followed the pack and have a web page up too.  I'm still working on
it but a major part of it is about my ferrets.  This was done on the fly.  I
need to sit down and really plan a page around ferret info but here's my
first effort.

One of the photos is of Dolittle stealing socks from the clothes hamper.  He
is such a special ferret.  He has taken over my wicker trash baskets in the
computer room and bedroom.  He tips them over and puts our socks and his
food in them.  Yesterday I caught him sleeping in the turned over basket in
the bedroom.  We have a small plastic liner in it which also attracts him.
I took a picture of him asleep in the basket and eventually will have that
on disk also.

I've been checking out other ferret people's web pages and some are
excellent.  Mine works best with Netscape.  When I view it with Mosaic...it
doesn't load properly for me.

Check out the photos of my ferrets, Slinky, Dolittle, Modean, Willie and,
Baby at: http://home.aol.com/Maureen971

I put a link in to Ferret Central as an educational effort.

Re:Speedbumps or flat ferrets:
Mine lay flat when they need a rest.  They're slowing down or if it's in the
summer...they're too hot.

Re: Poops in the "wrong" place.
My ferrets know where to go to the bathroom.  As a matter of fact the two
big boys (Modean and Dolittle) prefer the bathroom.  They'll leave their
cage to go behind the toilet.  (where we have Bounty on top of newspaper).
If they suddenly go somewhere else...they're telling us something.  They're
unhappy about something or are not getting their way.  We have one little
girl (Baby) who does go in the "wrong" place so we can't let her have free
reign in the house.  In the kitchen she never misses.  Put her in the rest
of the house and she will go ANYWHERE!  We just haven't figured out what
she's trying to say!?

Love to hear about ferrets finding loving homes.  Support your state or
local shelter!
                           Maureen