From:
Jennifer Pezzotti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 08:03:37 EDT
I want to tahnk everyone for emailing me information and their personal
experiences with tumors on ferrets tails.  A special thanks to Dodie who
gave me a name of a vet in Plymouth Meeting.  I took the Deaf One there on
Wednesday and was not able to get an appointment with the Dr. Edling but
her associate.  She told me that I should get the tumor removed and that
the surgery is mild.  I scheduled the surgery for this upcoming Wednesday.
I was told that I didn't need to fast her, which makes me happy since she
is a little butterball and the thought of keeping her from food was a bit
scary.  The vet said that other than the tumor she was in good health
which made me happy.  The silly story about Alvin my albino ferret is, I
was giving my ferrets baths Wednesday before taking the deaf one to the
vet (don't want to take a stinky ferret to the doctors).  My ferrets hate
baths though.  Well when I was bathing Alvin, I noticed that he this black
thing stuck to the inside of his leg.  I thought it looked like a piece
of his poopie but when I tried to get it off while I was bathing him he
started to nip and cry.  Since he is probably 6 or 7 years old and I am
in this nervous state over the deaf ones tumor I looked up some of the
sites I was given and decided that it just might be a cancer or something
so I drug him along with me to the vets.  As it turned out the vet took
out her shaver and shaved it right off it was a piece of poop he got stuck
to him.  And on top of that, while the vet was shaving him he ended up
peeing all over her.  I was so humiliated <smile>.  Well I will let you
know how the Deaf One pulls through her surgery on Wednesday and thanks
again for all your help!

Jen