From:
Jan Fleury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 19:11:45 -0400
Many Thank-yous to Ailcia and to Michelle -- for sending your support, and
for your notes about your experiences with tooth extraction.

Little Rowena (a.k.a.  'Wee') had both her fangs removed surgically earlier
this afternoon, because they were both hurt too bad to stay.  As of about
3PM, she had been through the procedure and was resting comfortably.

Dr. said he does about four of these kinds of procedures a week on cats, but
that compared to ferts, cats are 'huge,' and he wished he had 'hands at
1/3-scale' to do this.  But everything went well enough, and Wee is going to
have to stay over night to make sure she recovers the rest of the way and
that she's eating and hydrated.

For the week before, I had introduced her to chicken baby food (chicken with
broth, mixed with a little peanut oil, warmed in the microwave for about 12
seconds, then stirred with a finger to make sure there are no 'hot spots' in
it) as a 'treat,' -- knowing that she'd probably need a soft diet for a day
or two 'after,' and that it'd be best if she was already excited about the
'chickies,' and so to be sure she'd eat.

I can bring her home tomorrow afternoon, so we will have to miss the little
fuzziebunn for tonight  :-(

Can't wait to see her cute little self tomorrow! She'll be coming home with
some antibiotic drops and we'll feed her those lovely 'chix' for a couple
days...

If there's anything else I learn in the next couple days and can pass along
that might help someone else with a similar experience, I'll post again, but
for now, looks like we're 'out of the woods'!

-- J. Fleury and the 'Finest Kind Fleury Ferrets' --

William (a.k.a. Wiyum, FurrBoy, Draco)
Winona (a.k.a. Nahnee, The Dervish) ... and that's after Ryder (pointy,
elfin face, dark eyes), NOT Judd!
and
Rowena (a.k.a. Weena, or just Wee!)

(If I had a 'jillion dollars' I'd start the Finest Kind Fleury Ferret Farm,
for Fuzzy, Friendly Ferrets, and it would be located in Fitchburg,
Massachusetts)