From:
"David A. Schroeder" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:47:38 -0500
Dear Ferret Family,

PETA's agenda is not so much to help animals, as it is more to hurt people.

Please leave this bunch out of the JM nonpunishment.

We're Better Than PETA!

More than just an opinion, thanks...

David A. Schroeder,
Weasie, Bandit, Scubie, Pokey, Sweetie and Sparky

PS I bought my big baby boy Bandit from Petco at about 10 weeks of age
because he was such a baby (love those little kits).  But with the
knowledge of so many furkids in rescue shelters, I will not ever (hope I
can keep this promise to my self) buy another ferret from a petshop.  If
the demand goes down so will the supply.  If an organized effort should
ever start within the ferret communitee, it should be to find the soon
to become new ferret owners to let then know of shelters, say by TV
commercials (PSAs), posters on communitee bulletin boards in churches,
libraries, grocery stores, bars and maybe even in pet stores.  Think of
how many mistakes could be averted with knowledge gained from someone
other than your average pet store clerk.

[Moderator's note: Let's keep responses pertinent to the issue though --
PETA debates are like abortion debates -- lots of flaming and nobody
changes their opinions anyhow!  BIG]