From:
Barbara Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1993 09:20:09 -0400
Well, I took Keesa to the vet last night for her "post-squashing"
checkup. Not only did she get a clean bill of health, I discovered she'd
been named the "wonder ferret" -- no one believed she was going to make
it! Whew. It was gratifying to see the vet examine my not-so-flat ferret
shaking her head in amazement. :) It was also a great relief that her
lungs were declared to be "sounding good". The vet said the real worry
had been all the bleeding into the lungs. Double whew.

Keesa not only did not lose weight, she's *gained* weight. Now I have to
get her eating her own food again. (She's been dining in high style on a
mixture of babyfood chicken, egg yolks and powdered ferret food made
into a soup.) I haven't actually seen her eating, but the ferret food is
going down faster than it was, so I think she's actually going back to
her regular food already.

After she's okay on the food, THEN I have to figure out how to put a
ferret on a diet. If I put in a certain amount, how do I ensure that
Skittles gets her share and that Keesa doesn't eat it *all*? Any
suggestions?

--Barb--
Much relieved ferret owner. If a ferret is a "flat cat" is a squashed
ferret a "very flat cat"? :)