From:
Agnieszka Stopka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 13:37:45 -0500
howdy everyone!

ill start off by wishing everyone a late merry christmas!

i have a problem.... well, many, but just one pertaining to my fuzzbutt.
i was clipping his nails today before his bath, and AHHHH I WENT TOO
FAR!!!  i couldnt find my good clippers and had to use the old ones....
let me tell you, the old ones have found their way into the garbage where
they belong.  back to the problem, i hit his quick, and the nail split
from the cut to the cuticle.  he didnt seem to be in pain, so i ran for
cornstarch, but, surprise surprise, we didnt have any.  so i used potato
starch which didnt help at all.  when i looked at the nail, it looked like
a hang nail, half of it (vertically) was hanging.  so, i gave him a nice
squirt of ferretone and i pulled off the hanging part.  not a flich on
Pechu's part.  i, on the other hand, was a different story.  it doesnt
look like its causing him any pain, nor is it bleeding any more, but what
else can i do for him?  i dont want it to get infected, so i confined him
to his cage until it looks a little better.  if i removed some of the
cuticle, will his new nail grow in deformed?  im so worried.  ive never,
in my life of clipping cats, dogs, birds and ferrets nails, have i hit a
quick, and today i hit two.  does anyone have any suggestions as to what
i can do for now?  should i use peroxide to disinfect it?  i dont want to
because the reaction would be too warm for him.  i dont know.  please help
me out.  my email is [log in to unmask] for you kind souls who will
take the time out of your day to write me.

Pechu will be most grateful.

~Aggie~